The history of women's education, fashion and culture have changed dramatically since our founding, yet the things that remain reflect the ideals and values that Pi Beta Phi was founded on: integrity, honor and respect, lifelong commitment, personal and intellectual growth, philanthropic service to others and sincere friendship.
The University of Oklahoma, founded in 1892, orginally had 22 national fraternities for men and 14 for women. On October 14, 1907, six girls at OU organuzaed Phi Delta Gamma sorority, and eventually on Septemver 1, 1910, the Oklahoma Alpha chapter of Pi Beta Phi was formally installed.
In 1925, Oklahoma Alpha purchased a home of their very own at 518 Lahoma. Previously, chapters rented homes around campus. To accomodate their increasing size, a sleeping porch was added in 1928. The house remained the chapter's home for seven years, until in 1932 Oklahoma Alpga purchased the home we have today. Membership continued to increase and in the fall of 2003, 12 lucky girls became the first Pi Phi's to live in what is called "The Suites."
So much has changed since our chapter was founded, however throughout the many changes, the bond of sisterhood still gains strength every year that passes.